In line with the government's Digital India initiative, this project has created a framework to make school books accessible in digital form as e-books to be read and used on tablets and laptops. The main idea is to bring various publishers (free as well as commercial) and schools together on one platform. In addition to the portal, a back-end framework to facilitate the organization and easy management of such resources has also been made, along with the web based applications that can be installed on tablets for navigating the framework.
The framework, implemented as a portal, brings together three categories of stakeholders: the publisher, the school and the student. It provides them with the following primary functionalities:
Students Identify bastas of interest and download
School/Teachers Browse content, pick what suits, organise into bastas
Publishers upload & manage content in the portal
The eBasta App, downloadable from the portal, runs on any Android smart device
The eBasta Application can access the basta created using the portal framework, and renders it for easy navigation by the student. The eBasta App, freely downloadable from the portal, runs on any Android/Windows Device.
Easy access to interactive and dynamic content augmented with text, charts, graphics, videos and auxiliary resource. eBastas are delivered through the internet no packaging no shipping and hence NO WAIT. eBasta’s are portable. Carry eBasta’s in any storage medium without worrying about their weight and start reading them ANY WHERE ANY TIME.
The eBooks and other contents in the eBasta can be logically organised by the school / Teacher while creating the eBasta. Teachers can choose and bundle content according to their teaching methods. Access to variety of resources – text, simulation, animations, audio books, videos, etc – to choose from. Review, Comment, Rate on eContents. Help schools with lesser teaching resources to gain from the resources of better schools. Provide teachers who contribute content / generate more relevant collections nation-wide visibility.
- Single point interface for reaching out to multiples of schools, across the country
- Convenience to register, sell and distribute ebooks & related interactive econtents online
- Overcome the logistical problems of book printing, transport and delivery, especially at remote locations
- Significantly shortens the cycle of content editing /changes and facilitates faster release of updates
- Support for DRM from the pioneers in the Industry wherever required
- Get direct feedback from teachers and students regarding eContents